Saturday, December 13, 2014

Starting Ruby on Rails (And a Free 25% Off Coupon!)

I am going to take a break from the Ruby courses on Team Treehouse so I can start with Ruby on Rails.

I made this decision long ago. Though multiple people say you can jump right into Ruby on Rails without any prior Ruby experience, I wanted to at least familiarize myself with the syntax so I can try to understand what is I'm learning and not just spit out what the course instructor tells me to do.

Now, if you're wondering what the difference between Ruby and Ruby on Rails is- I got you covered. 

Check out this link: What is Ruby on Rails

Or as Michael Jerome phrased it:

"The Rails framework is some pre-written code for common tasks (e.g. saving to a database) to save you reinventing the wheel when programming in Ruby." - 

Long story short, Ruby is the programming language (comparable to PHP or C++) and Rails is the web application framework that's built off of Ruby.



One more thing, I'm using One Month Rails to get an introduction to Rails (I've talked about why in my last post) and the course itself costs $99.


Well I have a 25% discount for this course so if anybody here wants to grab it, please just reach out to me and I'll be happy to share.


Don't be shy- you don't get what you don't ask for in life.






No comments:

Post a Comment